Embedded Heart Melt & Pour Soaps
1. Prepare your work area. You’ll need at least one glass or plastic heat resistant measuring cup and a large clean workspace lined with newspaper or paper towel.
2. Melt about 9 ounces of clear melt and pour, either in the microwave or in a double boiler. Add a few drops of liquid LabColour at a time until the desired shade is reached, as well as about a teaspoon of fragrance. Pour this soap into the Celtic Hearts cavities.
3. Let this soap harden for a couple hours. You can speed up the process by placing the mold in the freezer. NOTE: Because there are only 3 cavities in the Celtic Heart mold and 4 cavities in the round mold you will have to complete step 1-3 again for one more heart soap.
4. After the hearts have set and have been de-molded, melt about an ounce of clear soap base. Pour this soap base in a very thin layer in the round soap mold cavities. Quickly spritz the layer with denatured alcohol and place the heart soap firmly into the layer with the design facing downwards.
5. Melt the rest of the clear soap base and add the pearly mica and about a teaspoon of fragrance. Stir gently to mix, then when the soap base has cooled enough so you can comfortably rest your hand against it, spritz the layer with denatured alcohol to help the layers adhere and pour the soap into the cavities with the hearts.
6. Wait 12-24 hours then gently de-mold your soaps. If you find they are sticking, place the mold in the freezer for 5 minutes before trying again.
And there you have it! These elegant soaps are a wonderful craft to do with kids or to give away as gifts!