How to Make Massage Candles
If you want to add a fragrance or essential oil, make sure to use one that's safe on skin! With the romantic glow of the candle, and the gentle warmth of the melted oils, this is sure to be a massage you'll never forget!
Basic Massage Candle Instructions
This recipe makes six 6 oz Aluminum Tins with HTP 1212 or RRD47 wicks.
150 ml Grapeseed Oil
Oil-Soluble Fragrance or Essential Oil to desired scent level (Keep it low - approximately 1%)
1. Measure out wax and oil and place in a double boiler (microwaving not recommended).
2. Melt on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all the solids have melted.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add fragrance or essential oil and stir.
5. Pour into containers.
6. Place wick in centre of container, repositioning it as needed.
7. When candle has set, trim excess wick to ¼ inch. Wait 24 hours for best results.
Light and enjoy!
Tips for making your massage candles:
• Add a small amount of natural butter for more skin softening qualities. Try Shea Nut butter, Cocoa butter or Mango butter.
• Don't add colour to your massage candle unless you want to add colour your skin, too!
• If you are adding an essential oil, make sure you use one that is safe for skin.