Shimmery Snowflake Melt & Pour Soaps
1. Prepare your work area. You’ll need at least one glass measuring cup or microwaveable container and smaller containers for the different colours of Melt and Pour, and a large clean workspace lined with newspaper or paper towel.
2. Decide how many colours of glitter you would like to use and melt a small amount of clear melt and pour soap for each cavity's snowflake. Add the glitter of your choice and stir.
3. Take your soap injector (we recommend cutting the tip of it so the opening is about 2 mm wide) and suck up some of the glittery soap. Squirt the soap very gently into the recessed snowflake pattern, being careful not to push down on the plunger too hard. Keep a glass of hot water handy in case the soap starts to solidify in the injector and to rinse it out in between colours. If you have any bubbles forming on the tops, spritz the mold with denatured alcohol.
4. Repeat until you have filled all the snowflakes, then let the layer harden fully, about 10 minutes.
5. Melt about two ounces of melt and pour soap for each snowflake cavity. You can add more glitter for a super sparkly soap or you can leave the melt and pour soap base uncoloured. Add your fragrance, stir well, and pour the soap into the mold once it has cooled slightly. Spritz the shimmery snowflakes with isopropyl alcohol before pouring the background soap to help the layers adhere.
6. Wait 12-24 hours then gently de-mold your soaps. If you find they are sticking, place the mold in the freezer for 5 minutes before trying again.
Get creative and try different glitter combos! Or you can try micas for a pretty pearly look!