Zinc Ointment Recipe
4% Stearic Acid 20 grams
3% Glycerin 99.5% 15 grams
2% Coconut Oil Fractionated 10 grams
9% Castor Oil Cosmetic   45 grams
1% Calendula Oil 5 grams
72% Boiling Water 360 grams
0.6% Vitamin E D-Alpha Tocopherol Blend 3 grams
0.4% Germall Plus Preservative 2 grams
Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil to scent if desired
Total 500 grams
18% by Weight Zinc Oxide 90 grams
1. Weigh all ingredients in Part A in a suitable plastic bowl.
2. Pour Part B, the boiling water, into Part A. This should completely liquify the solids, stir gently to fully mix.
3. Allow to cool, stirring gently. When the cream reaches the temperature of just warm to the touch, stir in Part C.
4. At this stage you will begin to incorporate Part D, the Zinc Oxide. Do not dump the powder in as this will cause lumps, shake the powder in slowly and stir well to mix throughout the cream.
5. Package into cosmetic jars.