Candlemakers Companion Book
Enjoy some homemade glow. From wax to wick to wrapping, The Candlemaker’s Companion is a definitive guide to modern candle making. Learn how to create rolled, poured, molded, and dipped candles; play with your favorite scents and colors; and use specialty techniques to design glowing luminaria, candle holders, and other gorgeous accessories. With illustrated directions, complete source lists, and plenty of practical advice, Betty Oppenheimer invites even the beginner candlemaker to get in on the action. Fill your house with the warm light and enticing fragrances that only candles can bring.
Create exquisite, handcrafted candles at home with this comprehensive primer! From wax to wick to wrapping, the magical glow of a handmade candle is now easier to create than ever before. With illustrated step-by-step instructions and complete source lists, The Candlemaker's Companion shows you how to:
- Create rolled, poured, molded, gel, dipped, and custom-blended candles
- Scent, color, and decorate candles for special places and occasions
- Make innovative containers, holders, and gift packaging
- Create luminaria, lanterns, and floating candles
- Use specialty techniques, such as over-dipping, painting, layering, and sculpting
Title: The Candlemakers Companion
Author: Betty Oppenheimer
Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC
Publication Date: 03/01/2004
Page Count: 208 pages
Product Dimensions: 8" x 0.63" x 8.06"
Product Weight: 13.6 oz.