Turmeric Essential Oil
Turmeric Essential Oil is extracted through steam distilling the rhizome, or root stalk, of the Turmeric plant. Possessing a warm, woody and spicy aroma, Turmeric Oil is said to help soothe and uplift the mind while supporting and strengthening immune functions. Turmeric Essential Oil is a popular addition to haircare products where it is said to nourish and strengthen hair strands, while also removing loose dandruff. Furthermore, Turmeric Essential Oil is also a common addition to skincare products where it is known to generally support skin health by helping to cleanse, clarify, smooth, calm, invigorate, and brighten the skin.
- Turmeric Oil
- Turmeric Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
- Country of Origin: India
- Turmeric Essential Oil is derived through steam distilling the Turmeric rhizomes, or root stalk, of the plant
- Turmeric Essential Oil possesses a warm, spicy and woody aroma that blends well with oils such as Clove Bud & Clary Sage
- Turmeric is considered a key botanical in the traditional Ayurvedic health practice from India
- Turmeric Essential Oil is said to help soothe and uplift the mind, support and strengthen immune functions and promote increased energy
- In haircare products, Turmeric Essential Oil is said to help nourish and strengthen hair strands, while assisting in removing loose dandruff
- In skincare products, Turmeric Essential Oil is known to generally support skin health by helping to cleanse, clarify, smooth, calm, invigorate, and brighten the skin.
- Turmeric Essential Oil is said to help remove excess natural skin oils, improve skin resiliency and diminish the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- INCI: Curcuma Longa Root Oil
- Country of Origin: India
- Plant Part: Root
- Processing Method: Steam Distilled
- Colour & Consistency: Turmeric Essential Oil is a Yellow to Orangish-Yellow Liquid. Turmeric Oil may give finished products a yellowish tint depending on the amount used.
- Aroma: Turmeric Essential Oil possesses a warm, spicy and woody scent
- Blending Suggestions: Clove Bud, Clary Sage, Cinnamon Bark
- Uses: Turmeric Essential Oil is said to help soothe and uplift the mind while promoting an increase in energy. Turmeric Oil is a common addition to various aromatherapy, skincare, haircare and massage products
- Storage: We recommend keeping essential oils inside their original dark glass containers away from direct sunlight to maintain their freshness and ensure maximum shelf life
Caution: Essential Oils are concentrated essences from plants and should always be diluted before application and contact with the eyes should be avoided. In some individuals, Essential Oils can cause skin irritation, and as such we recommend conducting a skin test before use. We do not promote the use of Essential Oils internally but more for their aromatic and topical benefits through external use. Always ensure that you are aware of the contraindications of the essential oil that you are using and consult with your doctor or a certified aromatherapist if you have health concerns or questions.