Suttocide A Preservative
Suttocide A Preservative is a single preservative derived from the naturally occurring amino acid Glycine. It is a broad spectrum and cost effective antimicrobial that is active against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, and mold. It is an ideal preservative for preserving soap or other alkaline products, while Suttocide A's naturally high ph (10 - 12) also makes it a great neutralizer of gelling agents like TC-Carbomer FD20. When used in combination with another preservative it is even more effective for preserving complex or difficult to preserve formulations.
- Suttocide A Preservative
- Suttocide A is derived from the naturally occurring amino acid Glycine.
- Sold as a 50% aqueous solution for easy incorporation into a wide range of water soluble personal care products.
- Effective for preserving soap and other alkaline products due to its effectiveness in a large pH range
- Can be used in a variety of products including shampoos, body washes, and conditioners, as well as in emulsions and for neutralizing carbomers
Advantages to using Suttocide A are:
- Suttocide A is a fast acting preservative
- It is effective for preserving soap and other alkaline products due to its effectiveness in a large pH range
- It is a great neutralizer of gelling agents
- Effective in products with a pH of 3.5 - 12.0
- INCI: Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate
- CAS #: 70161-44-3
- Add when product is at a temperature of 60°C (140°F) or BELOW
- Usage Rate: 0.1 - 1.0%
- In formulations that possess Citral, a reaction can occur which can lead to a colour change of your formulation ranging from light pink to dark red