Black Opal Nail Polish Recipe
Makes 1 x 15ml Bottle
The Black Opal Nail Polish uses our Basic Black Nail Polish Base mixed with our Lustre Nail Polish Base to give a deep black that suspends a shimmer of colour. Both bases are vegan, cruelty-free and 10-free. The addition of four of our cosmetic micas gives this polish a gorgeous depth that catches different shimmers of colour in the light.
- Plastic Mixing Cups
- Stir sticks or toothpicks.
- 0.15cc plastic scoops
- Stainless Steel Mixing Balls
- 10g Basic Black Nail Polish Base
- 5g Lustre Nail Polish Base
- 3 x 0.15cc scoops of Watermelon Mica
- 3 x 0.15cc scoops of 24 Karat Gold Mica
- 3 x 0.15cc scoops of Blue Pearl Mica
- 3 x 0.15cc scoops of Iridescent Violet Mica
Note: Nail polish will stain clothes, surfaces, and skin. Ensure your workspace and clothes are protected to prevent unwanted stains.
To make the polish:
- Weigh out your Black Nail Polish Base into a plastic mixing cup.
- Add your Lustre Nail Polish Base to the Basic Black Base and gently stir to combine.
- Add the mica to the combined bases and stir gently to thoroughly combine.
- Carefully pour into a 15ml glass nail polish bottle, tighten the lid, and shake for a few seconds.
- Add a few Stainless Steel Mixing Balls into your bottle to better mix your DIY custom nail polishes.
And that is it! Your nail polish is ready to use right away. For full, even, coverage apply 2 – 3 thin layers to the nail and finish with our clear coat nail polish base for a vegan, cruelty-free, 10-free topcoat.
If you have any questions regarding this recipe, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-758-7773
Get this recipe as a downloadable PDF here!