Shea & Aloe Sugar Scrub Recipe
Makes 320 grams
This ultra conditioning body scrub helps remove dead skin cells and promote new cell growth while moisturizing and nourishing the skin. To use, just scoop a small amount into the hands and gently massage onto the skin for a minute or so. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
25% Shea Nut Butter 80 grams
17% Aloe Butter 54 grams
14% Avocado Oil 45 grams
8% Macadamia Nut Oil 26 grams
35% Plantation Sugar 112 grams
1% Vitamin E MTS-50 Antioxidant Blend 3 grams
20-40 drops of Essential Oils (optional)
1. Measure out Part A into a microwave safe container or double boiler. Heat until all solids are melted, mixing thoroughly.
2. Allow time for cool-down (about an hour or so), stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to set up.
3. Stir in sugar, vitamin E, and any essential oils if desired.
4. Continue stirring until a thick, buttery consistency is achieved.
5. Package into plastic cosmetic jars.
Tips & Tricks:
The shea butter in this recipe takes a very long time to set up. We recommend leaving it for at least a few hours until it is white and creamy in appearance, then stir it well to ensure the sugar is evenly distributed before packaging.