Makes 1 Mold (8 Peices)
This recipe that we devised for a solid sugar scrub will help polish and brighten the skin, and leave it feeling touchable and silky smooth! It contains a high percentage of nourishing and luxurious shea butter, as well as skin loving coconut oil and vitamin E.
Ingredients to make 1 tray of scrubs:37% Shea Butter 74 grams
5% Coconut Oil Fractionated 10 grams
20% Clear Melt and Pour Soap 40 grams
37% Sugar 74 grams
1% Vitamin E MTS-50 2 grams
Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil if desired
Clover Wax Tart Mold
Chromium Hydroxide Green Colourant
1. Weigh out the melt and pour soap, shea butter, and coconut oil into a measuring cup.
2. Using a double boiler or the microwave, heat up the mixture until no solids remain, stirring well. The shea butter will sit in suspension in the soap base, so it's ok if the appearance is spotty.
3. Weigh out and add your sugar to the melted mixture, and stir to incorporate. Shea butter cools very slowly so the sugar will have a tendency to sink to the bottom of the cup, just keep stirring until the scrub cools slightly.
4. Add the Chromium Green colourant. We used about 3 x 0.15 cc scoops' worth.
5. Stir the scrub until the colourant is evenly dispersed, then pour the scrub into each cavity of the mold. There should be just enough for one tray of scrubs.
Let the scrubs cool down completely before un-molding. This might take quite a few hours due to the shea butter, but you can put the tray in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
Voyageur Soap & Candle Company Ltd.
Telephone: 604-530-8979 Toll Free: 1-800-758-7773
NOTE: All recipes are provided for the use of the customers of Voyageur Soap & Candle Company Ltd. Their electronic or print reproduction is strictly forbidden. All formulas and recipes have been formulated by Voyageur but we accept no liability as to their effectiveness or the success of the formulas when being made. It is essential that good manufacturing practices are followed in their use, and it is the responsibility of the user to meet the appropriate regulatory requirements of their jurisdiction in all matters. All formulas remain the property of Voyageur, and their reproduction or redistribution is strictly forbidden without our written consent.