Basic Massage Candle Recipe
This recipe makes six 6 oz Aluminum Tins with HTP 1212 or RRD47 wicks.
454 grams EcoSoya Q210 Dermatology Tested Soy Wax
150 ml Grapeseed Oil or other liquid carrier oil
Oil-Soluble Fragrance or Essential Oil to desired scent level
1. Measure out wax and oil and place in a double boiler (microwaving not recommended).
2. Melt on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all the solids have melted.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add fragrance or essential oil and stir.
5. Pour into containers.
6. Place wick in centre of container, repositioning it as needed.
7. When candle has set, trim excess wick to ¼ inch. Wait 24 hours for best results.
Light and enjoy!
Tips for making your massage candles:
• Substitute the Grapeseed oil for a different skin care oil, or a combination of oils. Try Sweet Almond oil, Evening Primrose oil, Avocado oil or Fractionated Coconut oil.
• Add a small amount of natural butter for more skin softening qualities. Try Shea Nut butter, Cocoa butter or Mango butter.
• Don't add colour to your massage candle unless you want to add colour your skin, too!
• If you are adding an essential oil, make sure you use one that is safe for skin.