Golden Brands - GW 494 Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax
Golden Wax 494 is an all-natural soy wax from AAK that was developed specifically for soy wax melts and candle tarts. This Golden Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax has excellent scent throw, offers significant reduction in bloom and frost, support your products ability to exhibit vibrant colors, and release easily from molds. This soy wax uses a 100% soy and botanical oil formula that helps to create a smooth appearance for your products and is FDA-approved and Kosher-certified. Please note that this soy wax was specifically developed for use with wax melts and wax tarts. The botanical additives in this wax minimize the capillary action of candle wicks therefore limiting the wicks burning properties.
Save an additional 5% OFF all posted prices. No Order Minimums! No Coupon Code Required!
- Golden Wax 494 (Also known as Golden Brands 494, Golden Brand Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax, Golden Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax or GW 494)
- Melt Point: 120°F - 130°F
- Manufacturers Recommended Pour Temperature: 155°F - 165°F (We always recommend experimentation to determine the optimal pouring temperature for your container)
- Manufacturers Recommended Scent Load: 8% - 12%
- Fragrance Load: About 12% Max
- Mettler Drop Point: 125.0 - 135.0
- Packaging Format: Soy Wax Flakes
- Manufacturer: AAK
- This type of Wax is not suited to Wicked Candles
Information from the Makers of Golden Waxes
- Plant-based waxes are a completely natural renewable resource
- Golden Waxes are non-toxic, biodegradable and clean burning
- Golden Waxes are Kosher Certified
- Golden Waxes are completely free of animal derived substances and are not tested on animals.
- Golden Waxes reduce set-up time, offer significant bloom/frost reduction and have great mold release
- Golden Waxes create a fragrance scent throw comparable to paraffin and allow for vibrant colours
Golden Brands – GW 494 Instructions
Molds or Clamshell Containers: Should be clean and at ambient temperature. No pre-heating is necessary.
Dyes: Our Voyageur candle dye blocks and liquids work well with Golden Brands – GW 494 Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax. When using dyes, heat the wax to the recommended temperature, add the dye, and mix until dissolved.
Fragrances: Recommended maximum scent load is about 8-12%. It is recommended that after you melt your wax that you remove from heat and then add your fragrance, stirring gently for approximately 2 minutes to make sure fragrance is fully combined with the wax.
Melting: Melt Golden Brands – GW 494 Wax Melt and Tart Soy Wax under gentle agitation to promote even heating and thorough mixing. Add any desired fragrance and dye, mixing well to incorporate. Allow the wax to cool to the 155°F - 165°F pour temperature.
- Pour temperatures will vary according to container type and size, fragrance(s), essentials oils and dye(s).
- Different configurations result in various cooling rates. Cooling too quickly or too slowly can cause concaving and/or frosting. A recommended starting temperature is 160°F. Pour temperatures should be checked and confirmed according to seasonal changes and adjusted as necessary for the size/type of container used.
Cooling: Cool undisturbed wax melts and tarts at an ambient temperature of 70° F (21.1°C). The container should remain cooling for at least 24 hrs. Slower cooling will encourage container adhesion while quicker cooling will encourage container pull away.
Storage: Packaged: It is important to keep flakes stored in a cool dry location away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
Shelf Life: When stored properly, as per instructions, Golden Wax - GW 494 has a minimum shelf life of 3 years.