MCT Oil 60/40 (Medium Chain Triglycerides)
Our Medium Chain Triglyceride or MCT Oil is a liquid and clear oil that does not go solid at room temperature and has a near indefinite shelf life with proper storage. MCT Oil is extremely gentle, light and moisturizing, providing a non-greasy feel that will not clog pores. MCT Oil can be used in creams, lotions, lip balms, soaps, baby products, bath oils, massage oils, and as a carrier for essential oils. Furthermore, MCT Oil is also a great choice for massage as it is a light, non-greasy, non-staining, liquid oil.
- MCT Oil 60/40
- Medium Chain Triglyceride
- MCT Oil is a clear, liquid oil that does not go solid at room temperature and has a near indefinite shelf life with proper storage.
- MCT Oil is extremely gentle, light and moisturizing, providing a non-greasy feel that will not clog pores.
- Our MCT Oil is a refined oil that is produced through esterification
- MCT Oil is highly stable and resistant to oxidation, while also being an effective emollient, moisturizer and viscosity regulator
- MCT Oil is a non-greasy oil that can easily absorb into the skin without clogging pores, making it a great choice for massage due to it being a light, non-greasy, non-staining, liquid oil.
Can Be Used In A Variety of Products Including:
- Lip Balms
- Bath Oils
- Massage Products
- Aromatherapy Products
- Body Care Products
- Personal Care Products
- Carrier Oil for Essential Oils
- INCI: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- CAS # 73398-61-5 / 65381-09-1
- Saponification Value: 325 - 345 mg KOH/g
- Shelf Life: Indefinite with proper storage - out of direct sunlight in a cool environment
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Esterification
- Processing Type: Refined
What Are Triglycerides?
- Triglycerides refer to the number of carbon atoms that are found in fatty acids.
- There are different types of fatty acids with Long-Chain Fatty Acids containing 13–21 carbons, Medium-Chain Fatty (MCT) Acids have 6-12 carbon atoms, and Short-Chain Fatty Acids have fewer than 6 carbon atoms.
- The benefit of the shorter chain length in MCT is that the fatty acids are more rapidly broken down and absorbed into the body.
- The predominant fatty acids featured in our MCT Oil 60/40 are Caprylic Acid (C8), and Capric Acid (C10) fatty acids.