Crackling Booster Wooden Wick - Small
- Small Wooden Wick
- Small Crackling Booster Wood Wick
- The Original Small Crackling Booster Wick by The Wooden Wick Co.
- Thickness: 0.4”
- Dimensions: 0.375" width x 5" length
- Wooden Wick Colour: Medium Brown
- This Wooden Wick creates a unique vertical, tear drop flame
- This Wooden Wick works best with 100% Soy or Beeswax Candles
- With soy wax, the manufacturer suggests that this Wooden Wick can be used with candles possessing a 2.5" Diameter
- This Wooden Wick is a single ply wooden wick with an adhered 0.2” thick booster wick
- This Wooden Wick is Vegan and GMO-Free
- All the Wooden Wicks we offer come with complementary wick tabs.
Features of Crackling Booster Wooden Wicks:
- Wooden wicks are very rigid which will assist you when crafting your candles as there is no need for a wick bar, and no risk of wick slumping
- When burned, this Wooden Wick will offer a tantalizing crackling sound
- This Wooden Wick possesses a fast burn pool that translates into great hot throw
- This Wooden wick will not mushroom, and creates very little carbon buildup, soot and debris
- This Wooden Wick is made from fruit trees that are sourced from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified mills, with these hand-crafted wicks being entirely manufactured in the USA.
- Wooden Wicks provide a unique and modern look for your candles
- Small Crackling Booster Wood Wick
- Dimensions: 0.375" width x 5" length (.04" thickness)
- These wooden wicks do not need to be soaked in oil or melted wax, as in their natural state they will provide you with the most optimal performance.
- The amount of crackle that is produced will vary based off of the candle wax blend, amount of color, fragrance load and additives used in making the candle. Experience shows that the higher the fragrance load, the more crackle is produced.
- Always tab the wood wicks prior to placing in wax. When placing your wicks, let the wax start to get slushy (solidify on the bottom) and then center your wick. Then you can pour the rest of your wax into the container.
- These wooden wicks are made from fruit trees that are sourced from FSC certified mills in the USA. The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is an independent, non-profit organization that protects forests for future generations and is the only forest certification system supported by groups including the Natural Resources Defense Council, National Wildlife Federation, WWF, Sierra Club and Greenpeace.
- This Crackling Booster wick is classified as a single ply wooden wick with an adhered 0.2” thick booster wick. Adhered Wicks are created by attaching two or more wicks together with a thin layer of non-toxic adhesive, to make a single layered wick.
- These Wooden Wicks are 100% natural and are not processed in any way. They are non-toxic and clean burning.
- We always recommend letting your candles set overnight to cure the wick before burning. When lighting your candle for the first time, light the wick where the wax meets the wick (not at the top of the wick)
- How long should my wick be? It is generally said that your wick should be between 1/8” - 3/16” before lighting, so trimming may be necessary depending on the height of your candle.
Which Wick Do I Choose?
This information is provided only to indicate general trends. Choosing the correct type and size of wick is one of the most important steps to a great burning candle. While we give wicking suggestions, there are many variables, including wax type, fragrance level, dye and style of container that can affect how a candle burns. In the case of some larger diameter candles, one wick may not be enough and multiple wicks may be required for the candle to burn optimally. We recommend that you always TEST, TEST, TEST your candle before manufacturing to ensure you have chosen the correct wick for your candle.