French Green Clay
French Green Clay is a premium cosmetic clay from France featuring a unique composition that includes Iron, Silica, Aluminum, Magnesium, Calcium, Titanium, Sodium and Potassium. French Green Clay is an excellent detoxifying clay that is commonly used in face and body masks, bath powders, soap, body wraps and poultices. French Green Clay is suitable for all skin types and is known to help absorb and remove impurities from the skin, helping stimulate the flow of blood to create healthy and glowing skin. The beautiful green to greyish-green color of the clay comes from the sedimentation of Silico-aluminum, with its coloring the result of the oxides contained in these rocks.
- French Green Clay
- Also known as Green Clay, Montmorillonite or Illite Clay
- French Green Clay is a premium clay containing Iron, Silica, Aluminum, Magnesium, Calcium, Titanium, Sodium and Potassium which helps absorb and remove impurities from the skin.
- French Green Clay comes from the sedimentation of Silico-aluminum, its light green gray color the result of the oxides contained in these rocks. French Green Clay possesses a 20% water absorption capacity.
- French Green Clay is suitable for all skin types, but has been used for centuries on oily skin because of its excellent oil absorption properties.
- French Green Clay can also be used in poultices where it is reputed to assist in treating arthritis, sore muscles, and sprains
- When prepared as a mask, French Green Clay dries on the skin causing pores to tighten and skin to feel firm, toned and refreshed.
- French Green Clay can also be used in mineral baths to help promote relaxation of the body and a sense of well-being.
- French Green Clay is prepared for the commercial market through a process of sun-drying and crushing. After the clay has been mined, it is then spread in the sun to remove excess water. The clay is then ground by large hydraulic crushers and micronized, or finely pulverized. The last stage in the process is a final period of sun-drying to remove the last traces of water.
A Great Addition to a Variety of Products Including:
- Hair Masks
- Face Masks
- Face Scrubs
- Body Masks
- Body Wraps
- Bath Powders
- Mineral Baths
- Facial Powders
- Skin Conditioners
- Cosmetic Products
- Personal Care Products
- INCI: Illite
- Country of Origin: France
- CAS #: 12173-60-3
- Particle Size: 20 µm
- Odor: Almost Odorless
- Solubility: Insoluble in water
- Appearance: Green to Greenish Grey Fine Powder
- Directions for Use: Can be used at a rate of 5 – 100% in skin care products