Germaben II Preservative
Germaben II is a convenient, ready-to-use, complete antimicrobial preservative system with broad spectrum activity. The solubilized combination of Germall II with Methylparaben and Propylparaben is effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, as well as, yeast and mold. An ideal preservative for products such as shampoos, creams, lotions, hair conditioners and other emulsion products.
- Germaben II Preservative
- A convenient, ready-to-use, complete antimicrobial preservative system with broad spectrum activity
- Germaben’s active components have been solubilized in Propylene Glycol, making them easy to incorporate into formulations.
- An ideal preservative for products such as shampoos, hair conditioners, creams, lotions and other emulsion products
Advantages to using Germaben II are:
- Germaben II is a great, ready-to-use preservative
- Can be used in emulsions with an oil phase of about 25%, and is equally as effective in water soluble formulations
- Germaben II can be used without additional co-preservatives and is compatible with essentially all cosmetic ingredients including surfactants and proteins.
- Germaben has been used to preserve troublesome formulations containing nonionic surfactants, proteins, soluble collagen, aloe vera extracts and herbal extracts.
- Effective in products with a pH of 3.0 - 7.5
- INCI: Propylene Glycol & Diazolidinyl Urea & Methylparaben & Propylparaben
- CAS #: 57-55-6 & 78491-02-8 & 99-76-3 & 94-13-3
- Specific Gravity: 1.1768 - 1.1876 @ 25°C
- Appearance: Clear to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic Mild Odor
- Germaben II is heat sensitive and should be added to the water phase or the emulsified portion of the formulation at a temperature of 60°C (140°F) or BELOW. Add during the cool down stage, generally prior to the addition of fragrance.
- Adding Germaben II above 60°C (140°F) could result in compromising the preservative system in your product.
- Usage Rate: 0.5 - 1.0%