Golden Brands - Akosoy 415 Soy Container Candle Wax
Golden Wax - Akosoy 415 is a natural 100% pure soy wax that provides excellent scent throw and minimal frosting, helping make smooth and creamy soy container candles.
Melt Point - 120°F - 125°F
In Flake Form
Manufacturers Recommended Scent Load 8%-10%
Manufacturers Recommended Pour Temperature 90°F - 100°F though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature for your container.
Manufactured by AAK
Golden Brands - Akosoy 415 Instructions
Golden Brands -Akosoy 415 allows for top surface re-melting if necessary to create a smooth top to your container candle. Golden Brands Akosoy 415 is highly frost resistant and works great with dyes and has excellent scent throw both cold and hot.
Containers/Jars: Containers and jars should be clean and at ambient temperature. No pre-heating is necessary.
Dyes: Our Voyageur Dye pads work well with Golden Brands Akosoy 415 Soy Wax. When using dyes, heat the wax to 185°F, add the dye, and mix until dissolved.
Fragrances: Recommended maximum scent load is about 8-10%. It is recommended that after you melt your wax to 185°F that you remove from heat and then add your fragrance, stirring gently for approximately 2 minutes to make sure fragrance is fully combined with the wax. If you are using a fragrance with a lower flash point then make an adjustment to your wax temperature as necessary.
Melting: Melt Golden Brands - Akosoy to 185°F under gentle agitation to promote even heating and thorough mixing. Add any desired fragrance and dye, mixing well to incorporate. Allow the wax to cool to desired pouring temperature. Manufacturer recommends pouring temperature of 90°F - 100°F though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature.
- Pour temperatures will vary according to container type and size, fragrance(s), essentials oils, dye(s), and the candle effects you desire.
- Different container configurations result in various cooling rates. Cooling too quickly or too slowly can cause concaving and/or frosting. A recommended starting temperature is 90°F - 100°F. Pour temperatures should be checked and confirmed according to seasonal changes and adjusted as necessary for the size/type of container using.
- As the candle is being poured, it is typical for wax to solidify at first contact with the container. Golden Wax - Akosoy 415 should have a pour temperature high enough so that when the container is full, the initial solidified wax has re-melted. Please note–the temperature should not be so high that the liquid wax sits more than 30 minutes before starting to solidify.
Candle Cooling: Cool undisturbed candles at an ambient temperature of 70° F (21.1°C). The containers should be about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) apart to allow air circulation for even cooling. The container should remain open during cooling for at least 24 hrs (large candles may require longer times). Slower cooling will encourage container adhesion while quicker cooling will encourage container pull away. Golden Wax - Akosoy 415 is designed to adhere to the glass and should be encouraged to do so. Candles should be allowed to sit undisturbed for 24-48 hours before test burning. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out the tops of finished candles if a perfectly smooth finish is desired.
Test Burning: Test burn the candle for burn pool diameter and quality after it has setup (cured or dried) for a minimum of 48 hours. Every combination of container, wax, dye, fragrances, and wick should be tested for burn quality.
Storage: Due to its low melt point it is important to keep flakes stored in a cool dry location away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
General Trouble Shooting: Test for one variable at a time when trouble shooting to isolate the cause. Variables include (but are not limited to): the container, wax, dye, fragrance, wick, pour temperature, and environmental conditions such, as cooling temperature, along with manufacturing conditions.
- First make a candle in the container with only the wick (no dye or fragrance). If it looks good then the wax is performing normally.
- Then, one at a time, change a variable. Try adding the dye without fragrance to the container, wax and wick. If it looks good and burns well, the dye is compatible with the wax.
- Try adding the fragrance without dye to the container, wax and wick. If it looks good and burns well, the fragrance is compatible with the wax.
- Try the dye and fragrance together with the container, wax and wick. If it looks good and burns well the dye/fragrance combination is compatible with the wax.
- If you are experiencing burn problems, try a different type or size of wick.
- Other variables to try are different pouring and cooling temperatures and even different containers.
- Ensure all equipment and materials are contaminant free.
- Test for one variable at a time when trouble shooting to isolate the cause.
Shelf Life: When stored properly, as per instructions, Golden Wax - Akosoy 415 has a minimum shelf life of 3 years.