Optiphen Plus Preservative
Optiphen™ Plus is a liquid preservative formulation that features an innovative blend of phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid and an emollient base that offer effective protection against bacteria, yeast and mold growth while also imparting emolliency. This preservative is effective as a stand-alone system while also functioning well with other preservatives. Optiphen™ Plus has an extensive range of applications in aqueous and emulsion-type personal care formulations and is compatible with most raw materials in the personal care industry.
- Optiphen Plus Preservative
- This preservative is Formaldehyde-free, Paraben-free, Halogen-free and Non-Isothiazolinone
- Compatible with most raw materials that are used in the personal care industry.
- Can be used in a wide range of aqueous and emulsion-type products including lotions, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, scrubs and sprays
Advantages to using Optiphen™ Plus are:
- Optiphen Plus Preservative is a globally approved preservative
- Formaldehyde-free, paraben-free, halogen-free and non-isothiazolinone
- Excellent safety and toxicological profile
- Imparts emolliency to finished formulations.
- A highly effective, broad spectrum antimicrobial preservative against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, Yeast, and Mold
- Optiphen Plus Preservative performs best in formulations below 6.0 pH, however it has also been proven effective at pH levels above 6.0 depending on the formulation of the product.
- INCI: Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol & Sorbic Acid
- CAS #: 122-99-6 & 1117-86-8 & 110-44-1
- Specific Gravity: 1.0140 - 1.0240 @ 25°C
- Appearance: Clear to light yellow liquid
- Optiphen™ Plus can be added during pre- or post-emulsification at 80°C (176°F) or BELOW
- Usage Rate: 0.75 - 1.5%