Tamanu Oil - Madagascar
Extraction Method: Cold Pressed & Filtered
Country of Origin: Madagascar
Colour: Dark Green to Brown Viscous Liquid
Aromatic Description: Some users have described the aroma of this oil to be spicy, similar in ways to a curry while others describe the notes to be more nutty or woodsy in aroma.
Can be used in a variety of skin care products as it is composed of phospholipids and glycolipids, which are said to help protect the skin’s moisture barrier, while also being natural constituents of healthy looking skin.
Reputed Benefits of Tamanu Oil Include
- Revitalizing and improving the texture of skin, giving it a fresh look.
- It is said to help reduce scarring and stretch marks
- It is said to help to encourage skin cell regeneration
- It is said to have anti-inflammatory properties which have been reputed to help provide muscle and joint relief
- It is said to be helpful in treating a variety of skin conditions including acne, eczema, psoriasis and sun burns
Commonly Used in Products Such As:
- Skin Care Products
- Salt Scrubs
- Body Butters
- Or in Straight Application to the Skin
- INCI Name: Calophyllum Inophyllum
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed & Filtered
- Country of Origin: Madagascar
- Colour: Dark Green to Brown Viscous Liquid
- Quality: 100% Pure and Natural
- Aromatic Description: Some users have described the aroma of this oil to be spicy, similar in ways to a curry while others describe the notes to be more nutty or woodsy in aroma.
- Shelf Life: Users can expect a shelf life of 2 years with proper storage conditions of the product being kept in a cool location, away from light and heat
- Caution: There are not any known side effects of Tamanu Oil when it is used topically which is our only suggested usage. However, the chance of an allergic reaction can not be completely ruled out. To be safe, always perform a skin patch test on a small area of your skin to see how you react to the new oil. If you do experience symptoms of an allergic reaction such as itching, irritation and redness, discontinue use.