Tamanu Oil - Madagascar
One of our most requested oils, Tamanu Oil hails from Madagascar and is extracted by Cold Pressing and then Filtering the oil from the Tamanu Trees that line the countries coast.
Commonly Used in Products Such As:
- Skin Care Products
- Salt Scrubs
- Body Butters
- Or in Straight Application to the Skin
- INCI Name: Calophyllum Inophyllum
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed & Filtered
- Country of Origin: Madagascar
- Colour: Dark Green to Brown Viscous Liquid
- Quality: 100% Pure and Natural
- Aromatic Description: Some users have described the aroma of this oil to be spicy, similar in ways to a curry while others describe the notes to be more nutty or woodsy in aroma.
- Shelf Life: Users can expect a shelf life of 2 years with proper storage conditions of the product being kept in a cool location, away from light and heat
- Caution: There are not any known side effects of Tamanu Oil when it is used topically which is our only suggested usage. However, the chance of an allergic reaction can not be completely ruled out. To be safe, always perform a skin patch test on a small area of your skin to see how you react to the new oil. If you do experience symptoms of an allergic reaction such as itching, irritation and redness, discontinue use.