Voyageur Gloss Base (Versagel)
Our Voyageur Gloss Base is a vegan and gluten free lip gloss base that possesses strong thermal and UV stability as well as excellent moisturizing properties. Our Voyager Lip Gloss Base, also known as Versagel ME 750, can be used by itself as your product's base, or mixed with other mineral pigments and oils. This Voyageur Gloss Base makes a great addition to your DIY Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Body Lotions, Moisturizers, Balms, Salves, Creams and other Body Care Products!
Please Note: This product is sold by Weight and not by Volume, so the container it is packaged in may not appear full, but the weight of the product contained within the package matches what has been purchased and listed on the label.
We endeavor to package this product in the best suitable packaging to allow both ease of use for our customers and to also help prevent any possible damage during transit with our carriers.
- Voyageur Gloss Base
- Our Voyageur Gloss Base is also known as Versagel ME 750
- Voyageur Gloss Base is a vegan and gluten free base that has excellent moisturizing properties
- Voyageur Gloss Base can be used by itself as your product's base, or mixed with other mineral pigments and oils.
- Voyageur Gloss Base possesses excellent thermal and UV stability, as well as a versatile chemical compatibility for your cosmetic and personal care projects
- Voyageur Gloss Base possesses suspension capabilities as well as excellent clarity, meaning that depending on particle size components such as glitter, wax beads, colourants and other materials to be suspended
A Great Addition To A Variety Of Products Including:
- Lip Gloss
- Lip Stick
- Body Lotions
- Massage Oils
- Hair Gels
- Body Care Products
- Cosmetic Formulations
- INCI: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer
- Appearance: Clear Liquid Gel
- Odor: Characteristic
- Specific Gravity @ 25°C: 0.815 – 0.840
- Storage: We recommend storing this product in an airtight container in a cool, dark location. When stored properly, it is best used within 3 years from date of purchase.
- Voyageur Gloss Base can be used by itself as your product's base, or can be mixed with other oils and mineral pigments
- If you are looking to just add colourants or flavors to the base, a simple way to do so is to scoop some of the base into a zip lock bag and then add any other ingredients. You can then close the bag and smush together all the ingredients, snipping a bottom corner of the bag for dispensing your product once it is fully combined
- To combine our Voyageur Gloss Base with other products likes oils or waxes, we have found that the best way to do this is to melt the additives in one container and the Gloss Base in another, at the same time. When the product in both containers is melted and at similar temperatures, they can then be combined and stirred together.
- We have found a good temperature for heating the mixture is to slowly heat it to around 160°F (71°C) with gentle stirring to get rid of any bubbles. The mixture can then be removed from the heat and allowed to cool to around 100°F (37°C), after which you can then add your desired colourant and/or flavors.
- Due to this product being colourless, certain additives such as jojoba oil may slightly tint the colour of your finished product.
- Cleaning Up Spills: We know that crafting can be messy, so we thought that we would outline what we have found to be the best way to clean up spills. First, due to the product's consistency we suggest wiping away any spills with a dry paper towel to remove the bulk of the product. Then, for any small amount of residue that remains, we suggest using a paper towel with rubbing alcohol or dish detergent
- Cleaning Up Your Mixing Bowls: For stubborn messes that may need a bit more cleaning such as leftover product in your mixing bowl, we have found that you can help solubilize or dissolve the base by working in a few drops of oil such as fractionated coconut oil, mineral oil, or castor oil. You can then wash everything away with soap and water.