X Wick Opal White Wooden Wick - Small
- Small Wooden X Wick
- Made in the USA at an FSC Certified Mill.
- Thickness: 0.02”
- Dimensions: 0.4375" width x 3" length
- Wooden Wick Colour: Opal White
- This Wooden Wick creates a unique vertical, tear drop flame
- This Wooden Wick works best with Soy or other Natural Wax Candles
- With soy wax, the manufacturer suggests that this Wooden Wick can be used with candles possessing a 2" to a 2.5" Diameter
- This Wooden Wick is Vegan and GMO-Free
- All the Wooden Wicks we offer come with complementary specially designed X wick tabs.
Benefits of X Wooden Wicks:
- X Wooden wicks are very stable once in tab which will assist you when crafting your candles as there is no need for a wick bar, and no risk of wick slumping
- When in candle the unique X Shape provides an extra marketing feature.
- This Wooden Wick possesses a fast burn pool that translates into great hot throw
- This Wooden wick will not mushroom, and creates very little carbon buildup, soot and debris
- This Wooden Wick is made from trees that are sourced from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified mills, with these hand-crafted wicks being entirely manufactured in the USA.
- X Wooden Wicks provide a unique and modern look for your candles
- Small Opal White X Wood Wick
- Dimensions: 0.4375" width x 3" length (.02" thickness)
- These wooden wicks do not need to be soaked in oil or melted wax, as in their natural state they will provide you with the most optimal performance.
- The wick is coloured with an Opal White to enhance the visual appeal in the candle.
- Always tab the wood wicks prior to placing in wax. When placing your wicks, let the wax start to get slushy (solidify on the bottom) and then center your wick. Then you can pour the rest of your wax into the container.
- These wooden wicks are made from trees that are sourced from FSC certified mills in the USA. The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is an independent, non-profit organization that protects forests for future generations and is the only forest certification system supported by groups including the Natural Resources Defense Council, National Wildlife Federation, WWF, Sierra Club and Greenpeace.
- This X Wick is classified as a single ply wooden wick joined to create a X appearance once opened up and placed in tab.
- These Wooden Wicks are 100% natural. They are non-toxic and clean burning.
- We always recommend letting your candles set overnight to cure the wick before burning. When lighting your candle for the first time, light the wick where the wax meets the wick (not at the top of the wick)
- How long should my wick be? It is generally said that your wick should be between 1/8” - 3/16” before lighting, so trimming may be necessary depending on the height of your candle.
Which Wick Do I Choose?
This information is provided only to indicate general trends. Choosing the correct type and size of wick is one of the most important steps to a great burning candle. While we give wicking suggestions, there are many variables, including wax type, fragrance level, dye and style of container that can affect how a candle burns. In the case of some larger diameter candles, one wick may not be enough and multiple wicks may be required for the candle to burn optimally. We recommend that you always TEST, TEST, TEST your candle before manufacturing to ensure you have chosen the correct wick for your candle.