Solid Lip Gloss Recipe
Most commercial lip glosses contain petroleum-based ingredients which may not be the ideal thing you want to be putting on your mouth.
Making your own lip gloss means you can use great natural oils and butters that not only provide the lovely looking gloss you want, but will actually moisturize your lips and help to prevent and repair damage.
This recipe can also be customized with food-grade flavouring, or micas to add colour and shimmer.
4% Shea Butter 8 grams
25% Sunflower Oil 50 grams
25% Almond Oil 50 grams
25% Castor Oil 50 grams
10% Sesame Oil 20 grams
1% Vitamin E 2 grams
Add Cosmetic Grade Micas to give colour and sheen
Add Food / Cosmetic Grade Flavour to taste
The oils we use in this recipe are chosen for their extensive skin care benefits. Other oils can be substituted if desired.
2. Add the oils and vitamin E and stir well.
3. When melted add micas until desired level of colour is achieved.
4. Add flavouring to desired level of taste.
5. Pour into containers while still in a semi-viscous state.
6. Allow to cool in containers, stir in container once cool to ensure micas are well mixed and then cap.