Makes One Kilogram
Sea Buckthorn Oil is derived from the pulp of the berries and is a nourishing, revitalizing, and restorative property for the skin. It is said to be good to use for skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, irritated, dry and itching skin, eczema, and more. Sea Buckthorn is naturally high in Vitamins A, C & E, as well as in Carotenes, Flavonoids, Essential Fatty Acids, and Phytosterols. It is also a rich source of Vitamins B1, B2, K and P, as well as more than two dozen microelements.
- Whisk or Stick Blender
- Mixing Bowl
- Paper Towel or Wash Cloth
- Plastic Mixing Cups
1. Measure out the Polawax and Stearic Acid into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Slowly pour the Boiling Water into your bowl while gently stirring until all the emulsifiers (Polawax and Stearic Acid) have melted and no little flakes remain. For the emulsifiers to fully melt, the water must be quite hot so additional heating may be required.
3. Measure out and pour your Part B ingredients into your Part A ingredients. Continue to stir occasionally to ensure even cooling and emulsion.
4. Once the recipe has reached a temperature of just below 45°C, add all of your Part C ingredients to the product, gently stirring to ensure an even distribution of the ingredients.
5. At this point if you wish to add any essential oils or fragrance oils to the recipe, incorporate them into the product at your desired scent level, usually up to 1% for skincare products.
6. Continue to stir the recipe occasionally while the emulsifiers set up. Your lotion will begin to thicken over the next 10-20 minutes.
7. Once the lotion reaches a thicker consistency, you can now fill your containers. A piping bag is a great option when filling bottles and jars as it helps to minimize spills.
8. Your product can now be set aside to cool. It will not reach its final thickness until fully cooled so it is recommended to let it sit for a few hours or overnight if possible.
Voyageur Soap & Candle Company Ltd.
Telephone: 604-530-8979 Toll Free: 1-800-758-7773
NOTE: All recipes are provided for the use of the customers of Voyageur Soap & Candle Company Ltd. Their electronic or print reproduction is strictly forbidden. All formulas and recipes have been formulated by Voyageur but we accept no liability as to their effectiveness or the success of the formulas when being made. It is essential that good manufacturing practices are followed in their use, and it is the responsibility of the user to meet the appropriate regulatory requirements of their jurisdiction in all matters. All formulas remain the property of Voyageur, and their reproduction or redistribution is strictly forbidden without our written consent.