Spring Blossom Body Lotion Recipe
Spring Blossom Body Lotion with Silk Protein!
Makes 4 - 4oz Bottles
- 2x Heat proof container (Pot, Pyrex bowl, etc.)
- Double boiler
- Whisk, electric mixer, or immersion blender
- 432g - Distilled Water
- 33g - Polawax Emulsifying Wax
- 15g - Stearic Acid
- 60g - Almond Oil Sweet
- 48g - Apricot Kernel Oil
- 6g - Evening Primrose Oil
- 6g - Silk Amino Acids
- 6g - Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B5 Liquid
- 6g - Germaben II Preservative
Essential Oil Blend:
- 20 Drops Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil
- 20 Drops Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil
- 30 Drops Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
Instructions:Note: For this recipe, the ingredients are to be combined in 2 separate parts, part A and part B, before being combined and mixed together.
- Measure Part A (distilled water) into a heat proof container and place into a double boiler. Heat to 70°C (158°F) and hold at this temperature for 20 minutes.
- Measure Part B (Polawax Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, Almond Oil Sweet, Apricot Kernel Oil, Evening Primrose Oil) into a heat proof container and place into a double boiler. Heat to 70°C (158°F), stirring to ensure all ingredients are melted and mixed together. Hold at this temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once Part A and Part B have been held at 70°C (158°F) for 20 minutes, remove both from heat and combine Part A into Part B.
- Mix using an electric mixer, immersion blender, or by vigorously whisking by hand for several minutes. You will see your mixture becoming whiter, starting to hold together and getting thicker; This is emulsification.
- Set aside for several minutes then mix again to ensure even cooling and prevent separation. Continue to mix occasionally until the temperature of your lotion drops to 45°C (113°F)
- Once the temperature reaches 45°C (113°F), add part C (Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B5 Liquid, Germaben II Preservative) and you Essential Oil Blend. Mix well to fully incorporate.
- Package into bottles and allow to fully cool.
That's it, you've now made your own beautiful body lotion. Be sure to share your creation by tagging us on Instagram and using the hashtag #voyageursoap!